This article will explain how to create a new process ‘from scratch’. You will likely want to do this when you are starting the automation of a new process. This will create a process with no steps in it. An alternative approach to getting started is to copy a process that already exists.
- Go to the “Home” tab on the tool bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on the “New” button
- The “New process” window will appear. These three steps are pictured below
- Type in the name of the process, that you would like to use. Normally this is something that is descriptive such as “Produce weekly sales report” or “Reconcile inventory reports”
- Click “Create as new process” link which you will find toward the bottom of this window. This will initiate the creation of the new process. Initially it will have only one step (a notes step). You will automatically be given owner permissions on this process.
- Once the new process is created, it will be displayed on the process tree on the left on the left hand side of the screen, with the name you supplied in step 3