OverviewUpdate cell value excel instruction allows to update values in excel file in single cell address or range of cells. Update cell value instruction allows to link multiple excel files, which means instruction can update the values in multiple excel files.
1. Expand the folder from left on the screen and double click on a process to open a process.
2. Click on file manipulation step to open it.
3. Click on Click here to select an instruction, select Update cell value instruction from Excel group.
4. In instruction detail, click on Link button on the target workbook to link an excel file. You may link multiple excel files by repeating this step-4.
5. Worksheet names from the linked excel file will be populated in the drop down list. Click on worksheet drop down list and select the excel worksheet.
6. Enter a single cell address OR select Advanced range from the drop down option, and enter the range address that you like to update.
There are 2 options to get the value to update in excel file(s) :
(1) Literal – You can choose and enter value in this field.
(2) Input\Output of another step – This option retrieves the value from properties of the data step.
To use Literal
7. Click on relevant type of input option from available options of String, Date, Number, Decimal or True/False.InputOutput of another step
8. Click on InputOutput of another step option. Step property searcher will open.
9. Click on a data step from the result list that contains property you want to link in this instruction. Once you click on a data step, properties with the values will appear within the step searcher.
10. Select the property from the opened popup within searcher.
11. Click on Choose the selected property.
12. Click on Save button the save the step details.
13.Click on Run button to run the step.
Completely configured Update cell value excel instruction will look like as shown in below image. After running the instruction, cell address / range of cells will be updated with the selected value.