How to use alter workbook protection
Alter workbook protection is a file instruction under Excel Group that protect or unprotect the linked excel workbook.
Steps to Configure “Alter workbook protection“ instruction
1. Open a process and turn on design mode
2. Load file manipulation step in your process
3. Click on “Click here to select an instruction“. A instruction selector window will open. Expand an excel group and select “Alter workbook protection” instruction
4. Link an Excel file
5. Tick “Protect?” checkbox to protect the workbook
6. Enter a password in the “New Password” field
7. Click on Save step button and then click on Run button to run the step
Fully configured Alter workbook protection instruction to “protect workbook” should look as shown below:
Alter workbook protection instruction is also used to un-protect workbook. Below steps explain the steps to use unprotect the workbook.
1. Follow steps 1 to 4 as mentioned in above steps.
2. Untick “Protect?” checkbox to unprotect the workbook
3. Enter a password in the “Old Password” field
4. Click on Save step button and then click on Run button to run the step[divider]