How to copy cell formulas
Overview[highlight txt=’Copy cell formulas’] excel instruction allows to copy formulas between excel files from selected source range to target range. [highlight txt=’Copy cell formulas’] instruction allows to link multiple target excel files, so instruction can copy the formulas from one source range to target range in multiple files. [message type=”warning”]For the purpose of this article we are going to use a simple and fictitious example of a excel file name. You will want to replace excel file with the file name of your own.[/message]
1. Expand the folder from left on the screen and double click on a process to open a process.
2. Click on file manipulation step to open it.
3. Click on [highlight txt=’Click here to select an instruction’], select [highlight txt=’Copy cell formulas’] instruction from Excel group.
4. In instruction detail, click on [highlight txt=’Link’] button on the source workbook to link a source excel file.
5. Worksheet names from the linked excel file will be populated in the drop down list. Click on source worksheet drop down list and select the source excel worksheet.
6. Select the source range address that contains cell formulas and you want to copy this formulas to the target range address.
7. Click on [highlight txt=’Link’] button on the target workbook and select the target excel file where you want to copy the formulas. If the target excel file is same as the source file, then click on [highlight txt=’Make same as source’] to link same source file in the target section.
8. Click on target worksheet drop down list and select the target excel worksheet.
9. Select the target range address where you like to paste the copied cell formulas. If the target range is more than one cell, then select the advanced range option, setup the from address and to address options.
10. Click on [highlight txt=’Copy Format?’] option if instruction should copy the source cell format to selected target cell range.
11. Click on [highlight txt=’Save’] button to save the step details.
12. Click on [highlight txt=’Run’] button to run the step and copy formulas.
Completely configured [highlight txt=’Copy cell formulas’] excel instruction will look like as shown in below image. After running this instruction successfully, formulas will be copied to the target range.
After running the step, excel cell formulas will be copied to selected target range address.