How to find and replace in text file
Overview[highlight txt=’Find and replace in text file’] is a text file instruction that is used to find a word or character in the selected text file and replace it with the specified word or character. This instruction is also used to make the external system generated text file compatible with the SolveXia system when importing into excel, access or managed table.
1. From the left on the screen, expand your folder and open a process.
2. From the tool bar on the top of the screen, click on Design mode button to go in to edit mode.
3. Click on file manipulation step to open the step.
4. Click on [highlight txt=’Click here to select an instruction’] to open the file instruction selector. This will open small dialog that will allow to select the file instruction from the different group.
5. Click on [highlight txt=’Data validation and correction’] to expand the group and click on [highlight txt=’Find and replace in text file’] instruction to select it.
6. Click on [highlight txt=’Link’] button to select the text file. This will open a file searcher and you can choose a file that should be used in this instruction.
7. In [highlight txt=’Find text’] text box, type in the word or character that you want to find in the text file.
8. In [highlight txt=’Replace with’] text box, type in the word or character that you want to replace the word with the found word in the text file.
9. Tick the [highlight txt=’Case sensitive?’] check box, if the word or character that is to be found is case sensitive.
10. Click on [highlight txt=’Save’] button to save the configured step detail.
11. Click on [highlight txt=’Run’] button to run the step. Running this step will import data into the target MS Access table.
The completely configured instruction should look as shown in below image. After running this step, words or characters will be replaced with the supplied word or character.