How to import data from excel to access
Overview[highlight txt=’Import from Excel’] in Access Group and [highlight txt=’Export to Access’] in Excel group are 2 instructions that allow to import data from an excel file into an access database.
1. Load a process and turn on Design mode
2. Load file manipulation step
3. Click on [highlight txt=’Click here to select an instruction’]
4. Select [highlight txt=’Import from Excel’] in Access Group. (To select [highlight txt=’Export to Access’], expand the Excel group and select Export to Access)
5. Click on [highlight txt=’Link’] button of the source side and select an Excel file, that you want to export to MS Access database
6. Select an excel worksheet from the drop-down list
7. Specify a source range address or source range name that need to be imported into MS Access database
8. Click on [highlight txt=’Link’] button of the target side and select an Access database file
9. Click on drop down list of Table Name and select a table where data should be imported
[highlight txt=’Note’]: You can also create a new access table and import data into the new table that does not exist in the drop-down list. To do so, type the table name in the drop down list text box , Tick [highlight txt=’Recreate table Structure?’] check box.
10. Tick the [highlight txt=’Include column headings?’] check box, if selected excel source range contains heading row
11. Tick the [highlight txt=’Recreate table structure?’] check box, if you want to recreate the target access table structure. This option is helpful when selected excel source data is different than target table structure and it is easy way to create the access table based on the source excel data.
12. Tick the [highlight txt=’Clear old data?’] check box, if selected target table should be cleared before importing the new data. Instruction will import data at the end of the existing data in the table – if this option is not ticked.
13. Click on [highlight txt=’Save’] button to save the step detail.
14. Click on [highlight txt=’Run’] button to run the step.
After step completes successfully, selected source excel data will be imported into the target access database table.