Ventana Research has undertaken some research to understand the attitudes and utilisation of spreadsheets across the enterprise. Furthermore, the research was designed to investigate spreadsheet usage practices and needs of individuals and organisations as well as the potential benefits from improving their processes and systems. Some highlights include:
- 51% of respondents don't consider the data in their spreadsheets to be accurate
- 35% of respondents admitted to data errors being prevalent in their spreadsheets whilst 26% of people indicated their spreadsheets had formula errors.
- Two thirds of the respondents used spreadsheets to collect data from multiple people and share reports across the organisation. More than 30% of people spend over half their working time in spreadsheets
- Over 50% of respondents view their task of combining data in spreadsheets as a time consuming chore
- Almost half of the organisations believe that it takes too long to modify reports using their current Excel based processes
To read the full article, click here.